Thursday 21 December 2006

Scientific American: Airborne Baloney


I am very excited to say that the January issue of Scientific American has published a feature article by the Skeptic columnist Michael Shermer about my blog post debunking Airborne, the cold remedy fad.

Though the press has generously and frequently covered my venture capital activities, this is the one media appearance that I will save to show my children. I am proud to set an example for them one doesn't need a doctorate to be a scientist--anyone can think critically to draw legitimate conclusions about the world around us.

UPDATE: This Scientific American article has since been submitted as evidence in federal court that science does not support the claims of Airborne, and that the company has engaged in deceptiv marketing. As a result Airborne lost a $23 million verdict payable to its consumers, and $7 milion inpenalties levied by the FTC.  And people ask me why I blog!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment